Working with Cannon Moorcroft
Cannon Moorcroft is an ICAEW member Chartered Accountancy firm based in High Wycombe.
We are a team of highly trained, friendly, approachable and supportive accountants.
Client focused and expect everyone to be on-board with this philosophy, being happy to go the extra mile for our clients.
We have a modern outlook, leveraging technology to enable us to provide an efficiently and effectively service to our clients. We therefore expect everyone to be or become IT literate to a high standard.
We also value our employees and invest in their personal development where it helps us achieve our company goals.
Our modern air conditioned offices are just a few minutes walk from the town centre and Hughenden Park.
Payroll & Bookkeeping Assistant
We are currently looking for someone to assist within payroll on a part time basis or payroll and bookkeeping on a full time basis.
- Efficient end to end processing of payrolls on a fortnightly, monthly and annual basis on behalf of client’s
- Maintain accurate payroll processing system and records
- Administer and process statutory payments; Maternity Pay, Paternity Pay, Adoption Pay and Sick Pay
- Processing any tax code changes, attachment of earnings and producing P45’s when requested
- Completion of the year-end processes to include P60’s, P32 reconciliation and annual reports for use by the Accounts Team
- Upload payslips and pay related reports to our Secure Document E-Signing facility
- Respond to clients and HMRC regarding payroll queries
- Adhere to payroll policies and procedures
- Assess clients and their employees for Auto Enrolment duties
- Upload pension data for a variety of providers
- Ensure the payroll processing schedule is updated timely and correctly
- Completion of clients bookkeeping on a monthly or quarterly basis using a variety of accounting packages
- Reconciliation of the bank, sales ledger, purchase ledger, PAYE, net wages, accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of VAT returns using standard, cash or flat rate schemes
- Posting of wage and pension journals
- Preparations of accruals, prepayments and fixed asset depreciation
- Monthly production of management accounts
- Communication with clients to resolve queries
- Visit clients to assist with them with their bookkeeping
- Liaise with the Accounts Team regarding the end of year accounts
- Post year end adjustments
For more details or to apply, please email Doug@cannonmoorcroft.co.uk