Working with Cannon Moorcroft
Cannon Moorcroft is an ICAEW member Chartered Accountancy firm based in High Wycombe.
We are a team of highly trained, friendly, approachable and supportive accountants.
Client focused and expect everyone to be on-board with this philosophy, being happy to go the extra mile for our clients.
We have a modern outlook, leveraging technology to enable us to provide an efficiently and effectively service to our clients. We therefore expect everyone to be or become IT literate to a high standard.
We also value our employees and invest in their personal development where it helps us achieve our company goals.
Our modern air conditioned offices are just a few minutes walk from the town centre and Hughenden Park.
Accounts Assistant Manager
We are currently recruiting an Accounts Assistant Manager to join our team in December 2018. You will report to the Accounts & Audit Manager and ensure that all work is performed in accordance with the firm’s procedures and timescales at all times.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts/other clients, ensuring statutory filing deadlines are met
- Manage the firm’s portfolio of corporation tax clients, meeting HMRC filing deadlines
- As required, support for client bookkeeping; preparation or reviews of quarterly VAT returns, management and statutory accounts preparation plus the preparation of personal tax returns
- Ask for assistance and guidance from the directors/your manager (or others) in the performance of your work in terms of the method and expected time for completion of assignments
- Obtain clearance from the directors before commencement of work in respect of outstanding fee balances and agree time/fee budgets before commencement of work with the client director and keep generally him/her informed of progress and specifically as soon as the time/fee budget appears unachievable
- Liaise with clients and provide financial information and advice
- Train, supervise and develop staff involved in accounts, audit and corporation tax work and review their work
- Assist with audit work, on occasion, if required
Applicant skills preferred:
- Be ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified with extensive experience gained within practice
- Have good IT skills with experience of IRIS, Xero and other cloud-based packages
- Be equally comfortable working alone and as part of a team
- Express a willingness to attend internal and external training courses as required
- Be an excellent communicator, both written and verbally
To be considered for the role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org