CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Cannon Moorcroft Ltd
Cannon Moorcroft Ltd has been established for 27 years and has always played an active part in working with the local community to help make it a great place to work and live. We have used our time and expertise in support of local projects and wish to increase our commitment as the company grows. We are working hard to implement a long term strategy to increase our positive impact on the environment, the local community and the people who work with us.
We are committed to:
• Encouraging innovative approaches, continuing development and application of best practices.
• Supporting local businesses with events and knowledge sharing.
• Ensuring we meet or exceed compliance requirements in health & safety, environmental impact, diversity and employment.
• Creating a framework that facilitates business practices that balance profit and success with achievement of social and sustainability goals.
• Taking an active part in supporting the local community and social causes.
• To be employers of choice in our industry.
Local Community & Social Responsibilities
We are proud to support local projects as well as a range of deserving and charitable causes. We actively encourage our staff to get involved with local issues and charities.
• A fully sponsored book-keeping and payroll service for Stokenchurch Dog Rescue
• Free seminars on various accountancy topics
• James is a founder Board member of Red Kite Community Housing
• Member of ‘Lacey Green Players’ raising over £55,000 for local and National Charities to date
• Advisory to Age Concern
• Mentor to Deafax
• Active member of 4C Bucks
• Maintaining and nurturing strong links with local businesses
• Provision of work experience, university placements and mentoring of students at Oxford Brookes University.
Our staff are our most important asset. We have a series of benefits, self-development and training programs in place to ensure that not only are we giving the best service to our customers but that our team is happy and at the top of their game. We are looking to increase our self-development program by encouraging and supporting more volunteering time.
We believe that much of our success can be attributed to the values that we hold and which are embedded within the organisational culture and which are fully described in our Staff Handbook.
We create an environment that encourages and values diversity within our workforce and builds on the differences individuals bring, enabling the Company’s continued success. We aim to draw upon the widest possible range of views and experiences in order to meet the changing needs of our staff, clients and partners.
We promote diversity and respond to the needs of all individuals in a fair and equitable manner, whilst observing our commitment and responsibility to comply with current legislation.
Health & Safety
It is the Company’s duty to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all employees and visitors to our offices. We seek third party specialist advice to ensure that our practices are up to date and enforced.
Ethical Purchasing & Procurement
We are committed to procuring goods and services in an ethically and environmentally sensitive way, yet with proper regard to our commercial obligations, ensuring that suppliers deliver to agreed timescales, quality and cost. We encourage ‘buy local’ and look to support smaller enterprise where possible.
Cannon Moorcroft Ltd does not produce any emissions or pollutants that come under the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Regulations issued by DEFRA. We have a resource committee that regularly looks at our environmental impact and has identified our most significant impacts. We are committed to:
• Disposal & recycling of waste (including paper, consumables and electronic equipment);
• Energy & water usage monitoring – ‘Switch Off’ campaigns to be run
• Minimising the impact of car usage; Through software that enables all our team to work at home if ever required
• Hand driers to be installed – reduce paper towel usage
• Promoting “Cycle to work”
• Investigating solar power
• Ensuring that our offices are maintained in a manner that minimises environmental impact.
• Installing printers with minimum of waste product (solid ink) and encouraging double-sided printing as much as possible.
We are committed to keeping all of our stakeholders up to date with our corporate social responsibility activities.
We will be actively encouraging our suppliers to take steps to becoming more sustainable through positive CSR actions.
We expect our team to be interactive with our values, and to have positive input to our plans.
We will report our activities to our stakeholders and our customers.
We will look to always improve on our activities and welcome feedback or ideas on how we can make a more positive impact on the triple bottom line: People, Planet and Profit.